Friday, July 11, 2014

Stash Buster Challenge 3 and Sneak Peak to Super Stash Busters!

Hello all!

I have not been updating my blog for awhile
Some recent encounters made me motivated to start blogging about my scrapping adventures again!

First off here is a sequel to my takes on the great class Stash*Busters Anonymous

This time round I'm sharing my take on the challenge of using Metal accents on our pages
However I have recently just destashed alllllll of my metal accents,
But i'm not going to buy anymore

What's great about this class is that, if you dont have the specific item , you can still be inspired by the sketch of the challenge ! The sketch shows the accents being lined up in a straight line vertically. Hence I took the challenge of "Lining up my embellishments in a vertical line parallel to my photos" And guess what? I use the embellishment which I have the most abundance of and have yet to start digging into it.

BARE CHIPBOARDS!

I was inspired by Wilna Fusternberg and her famous Art Class which was once on Twopeasinabucket but have unfortunately closed down. You can still check out her youtube videos which are equally inspiring! She loved bare chipboards. I love them too, but I always have a hard time using them. So following the Stashbuster sketch, and wilna's technique of treating the bare chipboards, I came up with THIS!




 I was having so much fun creating a mixed media background
It's a mix of prima and heidi swapp spray mist 
I used plastic wraps and also bubble wrap to create the textures and layers 






I'm in love with GOLD accents recently :)




Aly Dosdall is the instructor/teacher for the Stash Buster Anonymous class
Now she has a brand new class coming up! 
SUPER STASH BUSTER

The new class starts on July 31,
You can register for now at Big Picture Classes
I'm very honoured to be able to contribute to the class

Here is a sneak peak to my layout(s) 



Stay tune for more awesomeness coming up next week!

Cheers!

No comments: