Thursday, March 26, 2015

Project Life 2015 | Plans and Intentions Part 2

Last Sunday I shared my plans for project life this year and shared my album. Today I'm going to share the supplies I'm using and also other projects 

The supplies 
Here are mainly some of the supplies I use in my album. I'm trying to keep it minimal and just do most of the work on my computer, especially using the layer templates and words overlay are so quick and easy. I'm loving the simplicity of how my album looks like now. 

The Digital Products 

Physical Products
- Silhouette die cut labels files
- little embellishments - metal clips/pins, wood veneers, cork shapes
- date stamps 

I cannot go without label in any spreads that i'm working on. They are ESSENTIAL! You know that right? You have to agree!


Inks
  • Studio calico color theory for stamping on journaling cards
  • Stazon (black , red and navy for the most part) for stamping on photos 
  • Sometimes gold and white for some finishing touches


(I will do a post on how I stamp on photos, I have been experimenting on how different inks work on canon selphy photos and persnickety prints photos)


Some Tips

Buying individual packages of 6x12 might give you less variety and also there isn't many configurations. Hence I decide to take the plunge and cut down all my large big variety packs of PL sleeves and make a bunch of sleeves that fits my 6x12 and they are of various designs. 

These are the inserts for my album, they are thinner than 6 inches and are of all sorts of configurations. Some of them are existing Becky Higgins Page designs, some of them are cut down from a 12x12 page protector. Here I have inserts that fit landscape 3x4's, portrait 4x6's and our all time favourite instagram squares 4x4's




Here I have a 6x12 that fits 6 pieces of portrait 3x4's

Getting dizzy with the numbers yet? Haha! Next I share some of the other scrapbooking projects that i'm going to tackle this year. Hopefully I get to share some of them as and when.

I'm keeping things simple this year. I had some unfinished projects that I'm still working on. 

Unfinished Project
  • Travel albums 
    • Adelaide 2014 - OA 6x9 album
    • Taiwan 2013 SC 6x8 handbook album
    • Taiwan 2014 SC 6x8 Handbook album

  • Childhood album - WRMK 12x12 album
  • OLW 2015 album 8.5x11
  • PL 2014 WRMK 12x12 
  • PL 2014 Dec 6x8 album 
Up coming projects
  • Taiwan 2015 
  • Adelaide 2015
  • PL 2015 6x12 album
  • Story 12x12 album - I'm currently gathering inspiration from AE story kits to scrapbook the stories of my life. I'm trying to pull photos and memories from over the years and combine them into a trend/pattern. This is also inspired by Stacy Julian Library of Memories / Photo Freedom system 
  • Photo books - Mainly for photos which I love from travel that might not necessary have important stories. Mainly going to print from Persnickety Prints or Artifact Uprising

That's all for now!
I will start sharing my Project Life spreads for Jan next week onwards :)

2 comments:

Lashonda said...

I love your project life process and pages. Where do you find your labels? I have been looking everywhere for them and I'm not having much luck.

Unknown said...

Hi Lashonda, I printed them and cut them up with my silhouette. There are many free printables online , you can try pinterest. I purchase some of them from studio calico digital file , these are by Marcy Penner